*1/9 Rumpler Taube EP 64" ARF
Manufacturer: Maxford USA
Rumpler Taube EP 64" ARF
The Taube was designed in 1909 by Igo Etrich of Austria-Hungary, and first flew in 1910. It was licensed for serial production by Lohner- Werke in Austria and by Edmund Rumpler in Germany. Like many contemporary aircraft, especially monoplanes, the Taube used wing warping rather than ailerons for roll control, and also warped the rear half of the stabilizer for use as an elevator control surface's function. Only the vertical, twinned triangular rudder surfaces were usually hinged.
Rumpler Taube was the first military aeroplane to be mass-produced in Germany. It was very popular prior to the First World War, and it was also used by the air forces of Italy and Austria-Hungary. On November 1, 1911, Giulio Gavotti, an Italian aviator, dropped the world's first aerial bomb from his Taube monoplane over the Ain Zara oasis in Libya.
Maxford USA radio controled Rumpler Taube is about 1/9 scale. It takes about 5 years from design and developing to production. It comes with full functioning of wing and elevator warping feature as well as shock absorbing landing gear. It is the first and only wing warping airplane in the RC hobby industry. It is designed for electric for a more scale appearance, but can also be converted to glow with our glow conversion kit.
- Wingspan: 64 inches
- Length: 46 inches
- Wing area: 653 square inches
- Radio Required: Minimum of 5 channels, 1 micro servo, 1 standard servo and 2 high torque metal gear servos
- Flying weight: Around 5 pounds (depending on power and radio systems)
- Power System Required: 400W brushless motor
- Propeller: 11x7 to 12x6
- Unique design and true to scale appreance
- Full functioning of wing and elevator warping, control wires are pre-installed at factory, this makes the complicated control system very easy to assemble
- ARF comes with shock absorbing landing gear
- Scale tail skid
- Magnatic front and rear canopy for easy access to battery and electronics.
- True to scale rear seat pilot stick will move with elevator
- ARF comes with 2 cowls, one pre-cut for optional dummy engine, one no cutting for glow set up
- Optional WWI pilot with installation kit, Vintage Spoked Wheels and dummy engine.
- Optional glow conversion kit
Click here to read (updated on Jan. 25th, 2016)
Too many wires? Too complicate to assemble?
We do the most difficult parts, you just hook them up and go fly. We designed this Taube as a real ARF, a scale looking very detailed airplane can be easy to assemble. Most of the wires, wing warping, elevator warping, even those wing wires for looking are pre-installed. The ready to fly Taube will even fit the back seat of Toyota Echo.
*We start to ‘go green’ in 2014 with our Instruction Manuals. The PDF version available on this Website is free. Click the above link to view and/or download and print. A printed copy of the Instruction Manual may be ordered at additional cost in black and white.
Interview about Taube at 2016 AMA Show click here
Test fly video click here